Healthy Africa: a New Directive –Using Puppets!
• We develop culturally relevant edutainment curriculum that anyone can use.
• We also present “deluxe” high-impact, performance art based edutainment programs ourselves in English, Kiswahili and various native languages of East Africa.
MISSION: To teach East Africans about living productive, healthy lives and prevent the spread of HIV by using novel performance and visual art educational presentations.
We use puppetry, magic and storytelling to educate and promote social change in the area of health. We currently create and perform curricula on HIV prevention and related social and health issues.
•We train educators to use simple performing arts to teach health concepts.
•We create and distribute educational curriculum to existing community health educators that utilize visual and performing arts.
•We perform educational live shows at schools, churches and community centers.
• Stigmatization of those living with HIV
• The importance of getting tested
• How transmission takes place/how it does not
• Self acceptance
• Gender Equity
• Respect, Kindness, Equality